Procedure for issuance of Police Clearance Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for Indian national
As per extant rules PCC for Indian nationals is issued only after receipt of fresh police verification on the PCC application. Applicants are requested to assess their requirements for obtaining PCC for India well in advance and submit their applications accordingly.
• Fill in the application form https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in
• Affix recent passport size photograph
• A copy of first and last page of Indian passport of the applicant (original passport at the time of endorsement).
• A copy of legal status in Nigeria (CERPEC/Visa etc).
• A copy of local proof of address (A letter issued by current employer on the letter head etc.)
PCC request by foreign nationals who have previously resided in India:
Fill in the application form (click here) affixed with a recent passport size photograph, a copy of the proof of their stay in India (Visa/Entry/Exit Stamp /Passport) along with copy current passport, proof of current address in Nigeria.